Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finally!

It's Japan time! Finally made it to Japan after a very VERY long flight. After a good night's sleep, I'm rearing to go today.
Currently the to other people in the program and I are staying in a hotel in Ikebukuro (a district of Tokyo). I am lucky enough to be staying in a traditional Japanese room, including tatami (traditional mats made of some type of straw) and futon (basically mattresses that are on the ground rather than in a bed frame). It's small but beautiful! Luckily we have air conditioning (though it took us half the night to figure out how to work the damn thing until I found a instruction sheet in English) but now it's comfy and pleasant.
Today we have to interview for housing so they can try to match us with a host family/dorm that will work well for both parties as well as academic orientation.
It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to be here for a year....I keep expecting to go home after a week of vacation and go back to Northwestern. But luckily that won't happen :D
And so....the adventure begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment